I love to read a good book especially when it’s cold outside. It’s such a nice feeling to wrap up in a blanket and get comfortable at home with a new book. When I read I escape to another world; taking in the scenery and the different characters described by the author.
I have put a list of books together that I would like to read over the next couple of months. The list has a mixture of books from personal development and religion to an autobiography and a make-up manual. Also, I had to throw in a chick lit book. It’s not a reading list without a chick lit book.
My Reading List
- Bobbi Brown Make-up Manual: I’ve signed up for an Online Makeup Artist Course and this was one of the recommended books to read. I’m excited to learn some new tips and improve my makeup skills.
- The Conflicts of the Age Story – The Desire of the Ages: My good friend Mairo has given me 2 volumes from the Conflicts of the Age Story Collection. This volume talks about the journey of Jesus. I’m looking forward to reading this and understanding more about Jesus.
- The Million Dollar Blog by Natasha Courtenay-Smith: Blogging is a new hobby for me. I bought this book to gain more knowledge on how I can create a great blog?
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss: This book appeared on the “Customers who viewed this item also viewed list” when I was purchasing The Miracle Morning. I thought why not see what this is about? This book is currently half price on Amazon. Click on the book title for more information.
- #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso: Sophia is the Founder of the Nasty Gal Retail Brand. I’m interested in Sophia’s story and how she created her brand? Apparently they made a Netflix series too; I will try to check it out too.
- You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero: I wanted to change my money mindset so decided to purchase this book as it got top reviews on Amazon. We’ll see if my money mindset improves after I’ve read this book.
- Sweet Temptation by Lucy Diamond: Hazel lent me this book to read on holiday but we had such a good time away I only picked it up once. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read so far and I’m intrigued to see what’s next?
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod: I’ve actually read this book already but I want to read it again as I need some motivation. This book gives you 6 habits to help transform your life and make you more productive. I thought I was a morning person but having to wake up an hour earlier was a struggle. Once I got into a routine it became easier. I would definitely recommend this book if you want to become more productive and organised.
- How to Influence by Jo Owen: My local library was having a book sale with books selling for 50p each. In my job as a Project Manager, I have to get people to make decisions so I thought this would be a perfect book to read. I’m sure it will provide some useful tips. You can buy this for a penny on Amazon (not including delivery charge).
- Size Zero by Victoire Dauxerre: Another book from the library book sale. It looked like an interesting read.
Please click on the book titles if you want to purchase the books or to access further information on the books. I will write reviews after I complete each book.
I hope you enjoyed. Until next time. Petrina x