Today marks my 35th Birthday. I am so thankful and grateful to see another birthday. I completed a similar blog post last year so wanted to make it a new tradition. This year has flown by and I just wanted to reflect on what I have achieved since my last birthday and set new goals to work towards.
Last year I set the following tasks to improve on:
- Time management – I need to prioritise tasks and block time out to complete tasks Update: This is something I am still working on. I have been blocking out time in my work calendar to complete tasks but this still needs to be improved. Now that I am completing my degree I need to balance my workload with my assignments and personal life.
- Stop procrastinating – Create and post blogs posts on a regular basis. Update: Another task I didn’t put 100% into. I have published 25 blog posts this year out of 104 (2 blog posts a week) compared to 29 blog posts published last year. My views have increased by 278 and my visitors have increased by 368. I enjoy creating content for my blog so I will dedicate more time over the next year to grow and improve it.
Diet and Exercise – I need to incorporate exercise into my daily routine as well as eating a healthier diet. Update: I have lost a total of 2 stone since this year January and I’m on my way to achieving my target weight in the new year. I need to incorporate more exercise.
I have included links to my blog posts so you can read more. I’m also in the process of writing blog posts on the attractions and places I have visited so more to follow.
- I’ve had the opportunity to travel to
- Copenhagen, Denmark
I enrolled on a BA (Hons) degree in Business Management with Business Practice as part of the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship at my workplace in January. I was fortunate enough to go straight onto year 2 as I had previously completed a CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership.
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- I took part in Boden’s Christmas Campaign (link to blog post here.)
- Visited some amazing restaurants
- Dim Sum in Soho
- The Ivy Chelsea Garden
- Dishoom Shoreditch
- Restaurant Ours
- Brassiere Light
- Afternoon Tea at Sketch
- Sushi Samba
- P F Chang’s
- Brigit’s Bakery
- Hakkasan Hanway Place
- Ev Restaurant Southbank
- Winter Garden’s and Sky Gardens
- Gillray’s Steakhouse and Bar
Performed at some amazing locations with the Choir:
- Christmas Carols on top of The O2
- The Sun Who Cares Wins Awards
I got to visit some amazing exhibitions, attractions and Performances
- Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams Exhibition at V&A
- Black Ballet at the Barbican
- Matilda the Musical
- Waitress the Musical
- London Zoo
- M by Montcalm Spa
- Raphael Saadiq at the Indigo
I have set the following goals for the year ahead. The list is ambitious but I am determined to tick off everyone for 2020.
- Pass my degree
- Improve on time management
- Post 2 blog posts a week
- Read a new book a month
- Incorporate a form of exercise 3 times a week
- Learn to read music
- Research new jobs
Here’s to another year full of adventure and personal development.
I hope you enjoyed. Please follow my blog to keep up to date with my latest posts. Until next time.
You must be logged in to post a comment.